How Has E-learning Shaped The Lives Of PhD Students?
Are you a PhD student? Or forethought to enroll in a Ph.D. program but afraid of the challenges of e-learning? Then, this blog is for you! Here is presented the research about the strategies and challenges in e-learning programs that you must have known to satisfy your queries.
It began in March 2020, when the outbreak of COVID-19 emerged. After that, countries shifted the education mode to online learning to keep the studies unaffected. So now, it is trending in almost all countries.
But the question arises how this learning mode shapes the lives of higher education students, i.e., Ph.D. students? And do they become part of the dissertation editing and proofreading service agencies?
Because there is uncertainty about when the pandemic will be rooted out, people will start everyday life again.
Strategies used in e-learning
Before going into further details, you must get an accurate idea of how the learning system works!
E-learning is a mode of teaching and learning as well, where Information and communication technology (ICT) is brought into use. ICT includes various devices, such as portable PCs, smartphones, computers and learning management systems (LMS), etc. These devices are used to prepare presentations, deliver and take lectures via various apps, including the Zoom app, Google classroom, and other Microsoft applications.
Goods for higher-education
Virtual learning is considered better than in-face Education because it is more student-centric and flexible.
The flexibility is because virtual courses (higher and other) – independent of time zone and location – are mostly available 24/7 that aids students in maintaining they’re work-life with part-time learning. Those Ph.D. or other higher-education students who want to further their studies and implement their Education directly to their professions to develop their professional abilities can quickly fulfill their dreams via e-learning.
This mode of Education has also been recognized by the UN and WHO, as it is a good use of web technology in delivering Education.
Another advantage of e-learning is it is less costly and easily accessible for students of remote and developing areas. So, learners can learn from anywhere and anytime with fewer budget issues.
There is also ease in taking video lectures, as students can watch at their own pace; they can pause, backward, and forward the video as per their need.
For Ph.D. and research students, a plus point is that they can give their best dissertation writing service even remaining in the comfort of their homes.
They can also get online thesis editing services via an online learning program.
But as everything has some cons along with its pros, so is the case with virtual learning. Nevertheless, using more efficient strategies in the future can overcome these inadequacies.
Challenges in virtual learning
- The first and the most crucial challenge is inadequate or unstable internet connection in some areas. Moreover, many students can face difficulty in using ICT devices.
- Another challenge that higher-education students may face is that if they are working along with their studies, sometimes, they may not focus on their studies due to the tremendous workload. This factor can lead them even to drop-list of the university. So, time management can be a severe dare for them.
- There might be some social barriers –family responsibility, fee problems, and job responsibilities – that can keep high-level students from gaining further degrees.
- At the beginning of the e-learning system, mostly higher-education universities lack the best education models and easy availability of study material. Unfortunately, this fact may lead students to lose their motivation to study.
- Sometimes, there is also a lack of professionalism in using ICTs and quality content, which may yield poor student participation in online learning.
- Another most critical challenge in this way is the availability of smartphones and laptops. As the essential devices used in virtual learning systems are smartphones and laptops, many students from developing areas cannot even afford such devices. That could bring about a genuine hindrance in their Education.
- There could be a lot of pressure on teachers while planning and preparing lectures to deliver the best quality education.
How to curb these challenges?
Anyhow, these challenges can be settled over time and add more effort into the system management, as further advances in this regard are expected in the future.
By using better policies, creating and keeping better online opportunities open for learners to communicate with each other and teachers, and focusing on skills, we can address these issues better.
Studies show that e-learning has proved a valuable and easy way of learning with many advantages in its bucket, but it still has some challenges to ponder.
It is also a fact that with better policies and advancement of time, these problems at least can be lessened if not resolved entirely. So, if you are a Ph.D. student or want to pursue a Ph.D. degree, carefully read all the facts and figures and then make your decision.