Making espresso at home is not as difficult as you think. You can make a perfect espresso the same as you usually have from your favorite barista, but there is a condition that you have the best espresso machine.
What is espresso? “ Espresso is a coffee -brewing method of Italian origin, in which a small amount of nearly boiling water (about 90 °C or 190 °F) is forced under 9–10 bars (900–1,000 kPa; 130–150 psi) of pressure (expressed) through finely-ground coffee beans”. (Wikipedia)
You don’t need to go out to finish the craving for coffee if you don’t want to go out. Say goodbye to your fear about making a tasteless espresso because it’s pretty easy to make a perfect espresso by following the guidelines.
But before this, you need to know how to use an espresso machine. In this article, we’ll guide you that how you can use an espresso machine. No matter what machine you have because mostly espresso machines have the same features.
Important features of Espresso machine
We describe the essential features of an espresso machine below to understand the espresso machines’ features and how they work.
- A portafilter
- Hot water spigot
- Pressure and temperature dial
- Shot buttons
- Steam wand
The grouphead is a portion where the portafilter gets fix to make espresso. There is a metal filter and a rubber washer in the grouphead to fix the portafilter.
A portafilter is an essential feature of an espresso machine; it has a spigot, a handle, and a brew basket, a collection of these things called portafilter. It holds the ground coffee beans during the espresso process.
Some people think that if the machine has spigots, the portafilter will make a double shot, but it’s a misconception. To make a double shot, you need to set a double brew basket in the portafilter.
Hot water Spigot
The hot water spigot is used to make Americano beverages and tea.
Pressure and Temperature Dial
You don’t need to use pressure and temperature dial unless there is something wrong, but for this, you need technicians.
Shot buttonis used to send water into the portafilter to brew espresso. They are automated by the manufacturer; usually, the espresso machines have 2 or 3 buttons for a single shot, double shot, and a free pour button to pull hot water.
A steam wand is a long metal tube, and it’s used to steam milk for cappuccino. If you steam milk with a steam wand, you will get double volume milk in the result.
How to use Espresso machine to make Espresso
Now you have enough knowledge that what features your best espresso machine has and how the features work. But still, you don’t know that how to use an espresso machine at home. Let’s make an espresso to give you a clear picture.
- To grind the coffee beans, place the put portafilter in the espresso grinder and start the grinder.
- Never forget to check the brew basket accordingly to what shot you want. If you want a single shot, you have to set the correct size of the brew basket.
- After grinding, use the tamper to press the pile of coffee grounds. Ensure that the upper layer of coffee grounds is smooth and clean. There shouldn’t be extra grounds on the brew basket.
- Lock the portafilter onto the grouphead. Engage the head of the portafilter under the grouphead and ensure that the portafilter has attached with the grouphead. Most machines have the feature of the lock system, when you listen to the voice of click, understand that it has been locked.
- After attaching the portafilter, place the cup underneath the spout and ensure to take a big enough cup that can store the whole espresso.
- The final step is pressing the shot button, press the button, and the machine will make a perfect espresso for you, what will come in the cup.
Helpful tips to make a perfect espresso
These are some tips to make a fresh and tasty espresso.
- Always use fresh coffee and grind it at a time. Some people do this mistake commonly and destroy their espresso’s taste. Never grind too much coffee; grind as much as you want at that time to get fresh and rich espresso.
- Be very careful during tamping the ground coffee. Ensure to tamp very well, and don’t leave the uneven coffee ground if you want a tasty espresso.
- Ensure to clean your espresso machine after using it. It’s essential for you and your espresso machine’s health as well.
See! How easy it is, there is not any rocket science to use an espresso machine. Now you are ready to make a perfect espresso with the best espresso machine. Make fresh and healthy espresso and enjoy it with family and friends.
For more related articles please visit techbizidea.com