Use This Guide To Help Improve Your Business’s Ecommerce Conversion
By now, you’ve probably heard about the importance of having conversion-focused content on your website or marketing material. Whether it’s an email signup form, a product page, or any other piece of content you put out there, every piece should be designed to get leads and make sales as easy as possible. This guide will walk you through exactly how to do that, so you can finally have the business growth you deserve.
Use product ratings and reviews
One way to help improve your business’ e-commerce conversion is by using product ratings and reviews. This can give potential customers an idea of the quality of your products and provide social proof that others have purchased from you and been happy with their experience. Product descriptions are also crucial for this reason, as they provide more information about a specific item.
Keep the checkout process simple
A key element to a successful e-commerce business has a streamlined and straightforward checkout process. You want to make it easy for customers to purchase your products and not have them abandon their shopping carts because the checkout process is too complicated. Use the following tips to help streamline your checkout process and improve your conversion rate:
- Keep the number of fields to a minimum. The fewer steps and fields there are, the better.
- Make sure all form fields are clearly labeled. For example, label the field Email if you ask for someone’s email address. Don’t label it Name or Contact Info, as that could confuse some people.
- Do away with lengthy forms and ask for the information you need to complete the transaction.
- Be mindful of CAPTCHA codes. Many CAPTCHA codes (including audio, video, and text) can be used when signing up or ordering from an online store. It is essential to know which one will work best for your website based on what type of visitor traffic you get. If you primarily get traffic from mobile devices, consider using an audio CAPTCHA. If most of your visitors come through web browsers on desktop computers, then use a standard text-based CAPTCHA code instead.
Not sure how to choose the best checkout method? Consult a seasoned e-commerce expert like 2 Visions to grow your business with an in-house focus.
Offer multiple payment options
Every customer wants the convenience of purchasing without leaving their home. Offering different payment options can help make your customers’ buying from you more accessible. Different payment options can help increase your business’s ecommerce conversion rate.
Provide customer service options
Offering excellent customer service is one of the best ways to improve your business’ e-commerce conversion. By providing customers with multiple options for contacting you, they will feel confident that they can reach you if they have any questions or concerns. Additionally, offering a live chat option can help increase conversion rates by allowing customers to get immediate answers to their questions. Some businesses provide different types of customer service (email, phone, and live chat) so that people who are more comfortable using other mediums are still satisfied. If you don’t provide support in all three areas, many shoppers will abandon their cart without placing an order because they don’t want to wait for an email response from your company.
Offer a great value proposition with your products and services
A great value proposition is a key to any successful e-commerce business. By offering a unique and appealing value proposition, you’ll be able to increase your conversion rate and boost your bottom line. Some tips for creating a great value proposition include:
- Build a strong customer base. Focus on building relationships with potential customers by providing excellent customer service, educating them about your products or services, and always showing empathy when they need help. In turn, they will reward you with repeat business and referrals.
- Offer free shipping. Many people are willing to spend more if they know they won’t have to pay anything more than what it costs them at checkout. When someone purchases an item from your store, don’t surprise them with an additional charge on their credit card statement.
- Invest in an SSL certificate. An SSL certificate will protect shoppers’ personal information during payment transactions. It may seem like extra work, but it can save you from embarrassment and costly losses down the road.
- Don’t get overwhelmed by marketing strategies. It’s easy to get carried away trying to think of every possible marketing strategy that could work for your company. Instead, seek the counsel of an expert e-commerce expert like 2 visions to explore your options.
Make your site fast and easy to navigate
The first step to improving your business’s eCommerce conversion is to ensure that your site is fast and easy to navigate. Users should be able to find what they’re looking for quickly and easily without getting frustrated. If your site is slow or difficult to use, you’re likely losing potential customers. When it comes to usability, you want to minimize user steps to take to get the information they need. When navigating a website, some of the most important things users want are prices, reviews, shipping information, and return policies. If these are not readily available on your site, then there is a good chance that you will lose out on sales.
Optimize your site for mobile
In today’s market, your site must be mobile-friendly. More and more people are using their phones and tablets to shop online, so you must ensure your site can accommodate them. Here are a few ways to optimize your site for mobile:
- Use a responsive design – this will ensure that your site looks good on all devices, no matter the size. 2. Ensure your buttons are large enough for users to tap quickly.
- Create an easy checkout process with as few steps as possible.
- Include images of the product in use or other products (these tend to do well).
- Make your shipping rates clear and transparent so customers know what they’re paying before they buy.
- Consider including customer reviews/ratings, but be careful not to overwhelm the page with these – there should be at least one sentence between each review to make it easier for readers to skim through quickly.
- Don’t forget about SEO!
With these tips in mind and some time spent tweaking your website, you’ll be sure to start converting more customers into paying ones. So, use these proven tips wisely. And if you need customized help, don’t hesitate to contact e-commerce experts, such as 2 visions.